In Ukraine as a trademarks are signs that can be used to identify and distinguish one company’s goods/services from those of another. Any sign or any combination of signs can be registered as a trademark in Ukraine as example words, letters, numbers, colors, pictures or combinations of these. The sound can be registered in Ukraine if it can be graphically represented by a musical notation.
Non-traditional designations are not prohibited in Ukraine although tastes and smells can not be registered as a trademark.
The application process takes about 18-20 months and can be accelerated up to 8-9 months.
The term of protection is 10 years from the date of application. This term can be renewed perpetually every 10 years for next 10-year periods.
We can assist you in any IP-related matters in Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Russia and Kazakhstan.
We offer the following services:
- Trademark registration in Ukraine and in other countries (national, regional and international applications);
- Comprehensive preliminary trademark search;
- Filing a response to a provisional refusal of protection in Ukraine;
- Filing an opposition to the registration of a trademark;
- Trademark Searching & Watching;
- Cancellation proceedings (as example, due to non-use) ;
- Licensing and Assigning of IP rights (negotiating, drafting and registration of agreements);
- Renewal of trademark registrations;
- Recordal of change to the Database “Marks for Goods and Services Registered in Ukraine”;
- Custom recordal of IP rights;
- Representation before courts and other authorities.