Trademarks are signs that can be used to identify and distinguish one company’s goods/services from those of another. Any sign or any combination of signs can be registered as a trademark in Ukraine as example words, letters, numbers, colors, pictures or combinations of these. The sound can be registered in Ukraine if it can be graphically represented by a musical notation.
Non-traditional designations are not prohibited in Ukraine although tastes and smells can not be registered as a trademark.
The application process takes about 18-20 months and can be accelerated up to 8-9 months.
The term of protection is 10 years from the date of application. This term can be renewed perpetually every 10 years for next 10-year periods.
We can assist you in any IP-related matters in Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Russia and Kazakhstan.
We offer the following services:
- Trademark registration in Ukraine and in other countries (national, regional and international applications)
- Comprehensive preliminary trademark search
- Filing a response to a provisional refusal of protection in Ukraine
- Filing an opposition to the registration of a trademark
- Trademark Searching & Watching
- Cancellation proceedings (as example, due to non-use)
- Licensing and Assigning of IP rights (negotiating, drafting and registration of agreements)
- Renewal of trademark registrations
- Recordal of change to the Database “Marks for Goods and Services Registered in Ukraine”
- Custom recordal of IP rights
- Representation before courts and other authorities
Phone: +380664143715 or +380673275513
Address: 4/6-a Ioanna Pavla II Str., office 622, Kyiv, 01042, Ukraine